Dear Parents and Students of CCS,
I hope this letter finds you well and healthy. I have been praying for continued health over our families since we were last together in March. I am sure this summer has been like no other! Many of us had to rearrange our summer plans. For myself I had to give up my beloved Hawaii trip this summer. I know there will be a time in the future I will get to enjoy the warm waters, lounge on the beach and explore the sea life as I snorkel the turquoise blue waters. I’m sure you also had great plans for your summer break. Fortunately we live in an area that gives us many opportunities to go outside and enjoy our surroundings along with the wonderful weather.
In Him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
I am excited to announce our opening day is on track. Crossroads Christian School will open for our first day of school August 13, 2020. We still plan to have our Back to School Night August 11, 2020 at 6:30pm. There will be some changes to our Back to School Night. Instead of meeting in the Chapel, you will go directly to designated areas outside on campus with individual classes. This evening will be for parents only and please wear a mask. Please see the following locations:
Kinder– By the new benches along grass & blacktop west side of school office.
1st Grade– By the west side entrance to church glass doors.
2nd Grade– By the ball wall.
3rd Grade– In the Courtyard by E-care; please enter through E-care gate.
4th Grade– In the lunch area; please enter at Wright Ave. (Front Grass)
5th Grade– The walkway to 5th grade by west driveway.
I want to share the plan for 2020-2021 school year. It is based on a “Healthy Only” framework for reopening the CCS campus. This framework requires parents and employees to ensure that only healthy individuals are entering the campus. To support and enforce this approach, parents will be required to sign a waiver of liability. A “Healthy Only” framework provides the greatest level of “normalcy” but depends on students and employees to remain at home if they display flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with others who are symptomatic.
Please note: the entire campus facilities has been contracted to receive a professional cleaning and hospital grade sanitization by one of the few companies in the area certified for hospital grade COVID -19 cleaning. Further, the disruption to typical classroom routines will be minimized to the greatest extent possible in order to support student and staff socio-emotional health, as well as best practice of instruction.
Please know that it is our utmost priority to provide a safe, healthy, and effective learning environment for your children. We are people of faith and wisdom and we believe that this approach incorporates both faith and wisdom. Please sign attached waiver of liability and return to your teacher at back to school night.
I look forward to seeing all my precious children in August! Continued blessing upon your family!
Health Screening on Campus for students and Waiver of Liability
- Temperatures of all students will be checked prior to entering class. Any student that exhibits a temperature of 99.6 or above, parents will be notified to pick up their child.
- Any employee that exhibits a fever will be directed to leave.
Recommended Health Screening for Students and Staff
Ask these questions. A person who answers “Yes” to any one of these questions must not be allowed to enter the school facility:
- Within the last 14 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus?
YES– STAY HOME and seek medical care.
- Do you live in the same household with, or have you had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for COVID-19 or had test confirming they have the virus? Close contact is less than 6 feet for 15 minutes or more.
YES– STAY HOME and seek medical care and testing.
- Have you had any one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours? Are these symptoms new or not explained by another reason?
Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath/ trouble breathing, Chills, Night sweats, Sore throat, Muscle/body aches, Loss of taste or smell, Headache, Confusion, Vomiting, Diarrhea.
YES– STAY HOME and seek medical care and testing.
Return to Campus after Testing
- Symptomatic individuals who test negative for COVID-19 can return hours after resolution of fever (if any) and improvement in symptoms.
- Documentation of a negative test result should be provided to school administrators.
- In lieu of a negative test result, allow students and staff to return to work with a medical note by a physician that provides alternative explanation for symptoms and reason for not ordering COVID-19 testing.
- Symptomatic individuals who test positive for COVID-19 can return 14 days after symptom onset OR 7 days after resolution of fever and improvement in other symptoms, whichever is longer.
- Asymptomatic individuals who test positive for COVID-19 can return after completing the required isolation period described above.
- If they test negative, close contacts to confirmed COVID-19 cases can return after completing the required isolation period described above.
- If they test negative, close contacts to confirmed COVID-19 cases can return a full 14 days after (1) date of last exposure to COVID-19 positive non-household contact or (2) date that COVID-19 positive household member completes their isolation.
- Teachers will wear a face covering.
- Students need to wear a mask while arriving and departing from school campus, and while walking in hallways.
- The wearing of masks by students in the classroom will be optional. Any student is welcome to maximize this safety precaution if they desire to do so.
- Parents/Visitors must wear a mask while on campus.
- Our orientation of the school year will include social appropriate conversation starters about masks.
| Physical Distancing &
- Student drop off begins 8:15am (no earlier than) at designated areas.
Start time: (K-2)- 8:20AM (3-5)- 8:30AM
- Student pickup-area same designated area.
(K-2)- 2:50PM (3-5)- 3:00PM
- Recess K-2 will be separated with no overlapping times with 3-5 having their separate recess time. Staff will be there to encourage social distancing.
- Lunch Area will have designated seating with no more than 3 to a table.
Lunch Time: (K-2)- 11:40AM-12:00PM
- Parents/Visitors are asked to social distance while on campus.
- Chapel is for students only, two Chapel sessions K-2 and 3-5 to permit more distance.
- When checking out students other than regular dismissal, please call ahead so we can have your child ready to be released.
|Classroom & Facilities
- All classrooms will be equipped with hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, wipes & paper towels.
- Common areas will be cleaned & sanitized by janitorial staff throughout the day.
- Evening janitorial staff will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the facility.
- Hand sanitizers will also be placed in common use areas.
- No personal items may be shared (e.g. Backpacks, clothing).
- All personal items must be labeled with students name (e.g. water bottle, notebooks, backpacks).
- Learning material may be shared only after disinfected (e.g. textbooks, library books).
|Lost & Found
- This year it will be very important for all items to be labeled. This way they may be returned to the rightful owner without being stored together.
- Items not labeled will be donated every 2 weeks.
|Parents & Visitors
- All parents & visitors must wear a mask on campus at all times.
- All parents are asked to say goodbye to their child outside of the building.
- All parents are asked to pick-up their child after school outside of the building.
- Our lunch program continues to be available for purchase M-W-F however lunch staff will deliver lunch to each individual student (no lines).
- No sharing of food.
|Choir, Recorders & Worship band
- Shared equipment with a protocol of surface cleaning after each use.
- Student will each have their own headphones that are bagged separately.
- Social distancing or partitions between students.
- If a case of COVID-19 appears on campus, CCS will close for 2-4 days to conduct school wide deep cleaning. The entire cohort of the individual who tested positive will have to quarantine for 14 days. Teachers will provide material for students.
- If CCS administration determines an extreme level of concern due to COVID-19 which interrupts our learning environment, we will then implement distance learning with support and interaction with teachers.